Friday 31 December 2010

New Year's Eve

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 2:53 am
Tonight is New Year's Eve. For years i've felt terribly lonely even when i'm with a partner on the night, because I'm not out at some lavish party. The pressure to have a great time really mounts up.


Now that I'm single I'm actually looking forward to the night alone. I've got a bottle of fizz for the occasion. I have so many new projects I want to try and my life needs shaping again, that I actually find myself thrilled by the calendar change. I know it's traditional to have loved ones around you but I want to spend some sweet time by myself in my pyjamas.

3 delightful comment/s:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions on 31/12/10 3:22 am said...

A night alone is so fabulous! I agree about the pressure to do something fabulous, but I always find those things to be a letdown. I'm excited for a quiet night at home as well.

Marilee on 31/12/10 3:33 am said...

Have a Happy New Year!

Pining for Pinterest on 6/1/11 5:34 pm said...

Sounds like a nice night!!! I hope that you are having a great new year ;)

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei