Friday 12 February 2010

Early Valentines

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 3:27 pm
Yesterday was Valentine's day. I know it wasn't the 14th but due to events beyond my control we moved it forward a little. My fella took me out to dinner to a Chinese restraunt made famous by a recent television food programme. It was a wonderful treat but one that we both found a disappointing experience. The food was good but not amazing as the hype had lead us to believe. We consummed too much salt, fat and sugar and my body really did notice the difference. 

On Monday I had taken myself out for dinner to an Italian restraunt. I ordered calamari followed by pumpkin tortellini. When I was prepping the calimari, I squirted the segment of lemon over the dish and then licked my fingers. My tastebuds were alight with citrus flavours. They were sharp and intense. I tasted lemon so clearly. It was like my tastebuds had undergone a cleanse and polish. I think reducing the crap I have been eating has helped my palette become sharper and more discerning. Hence the disappointment with Chinese food prepared for an average English palette. 

I'm continuing in the yoga and gym routines but i'm feeling intensely tired and not enlivened by exercise. Blood work results aren't available yet so I don't know if I have some flesh eating lurgy.

2 delightful comment/s:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions on 12/2/10 4:17 pm said...

I've noticed the same thing. I had doritos the other day and it was nothing like what Dan makes for us. Our flavors are so much stronger than the generic ones. Happy valentines day!

Pining for Pinterest on 12/2/10 4:58 pm said...

Glad to hear that you had a good time with the boyfriend. That sucks about the food though! I hate when I get disappointed after all the hype. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei