Monday 4 January 2010

Yoga at last

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 2:22 pm
This afternoon I sunk into my yoga mat and closed my eyes after lots of stretches on my hamstrings. It felt great to be in a class again. Strangely I'm getting a bit fat conscious at the gym because everyone is stick thin, there doesn't seem to be anyone with an ounce of fat on them!

I'm starting to get really ravenous after a work out and I was delighted to be reunited with my tuna sandwich post work out. Last night I had a snack on a sweet potato with taziki followed by stewed plums. Mum has made a soup tonight full of every vegetable ever to pass through her cupboards.

4 delightful comment/s:

Cole Walter Mellon on 4/1/10 3:19 pm said...

It's tough to feel like you stick out like a fat thumb, but stick with it. Yoga is terrific exercise and great as a stress management tool as well.

You're doing awesome. Keep it up!

Marilee on 4/1/10 6:03 pm said...

Good for you for getting out there and starting yoga lessons. I've passed up more things in life because of my weight than I could ever count. Live life and enjoy it!

Kat on 5/1/10 5:51 am said...

Good for you for going to a yoga class. I want to find one this year too. I have a great yoga dvd that I like, but it is different being in a class and having the teacher do adjustments. Happy New Year!

Clementine on 8/1/10 5:35 am said...

I'm still passing up exercise classes because I feel so self-conscious. If I weren't so tall in addition to overweight, I might consider it. But I just feel like an elephant in the midst of all those skinny, short women. I keep telling myself that I'll join a class when I'm not so fat - such a self-defeating sentiment, I know. Good on you for having the courage to do it now!

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei