Tuesday 12 January 2010

Second Wind

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 4:42 pm
Woke up feeling sick again this morning. There was no way I told myself I could bend and do yoga. I confronted one of my banks regarding bank fees, ate dinner then felt that I could manage a gym workout. Steady on I told myself you are ill!

I found myself crunching over the ice of the gym carpark and in the warmth of the locker room, choosing my gym work out tracks ( which proved to be Bob Marley followed by Erasure. A bit of retro is good for the soul!)

The gym floor was packed with beautiful people with rippling muscles and me. I am by far the fattest person at the gym but that doesn't bother me, its simply my current state;  I held my head up high and kept on working out in a pool of sweat. I chose a central treadmill towards the end of the work out and carried on going almost singing out loud at the boost of feel good endorphins.

I can't sing the praises of my mp3 player enough again. It even has a clip on the back so that I can attatch it to my clothing as I move. There was something great about listening to Erasure in the gym. Possibly because I used to dance to it in nightclubs way back when, the tunes were familar but needed a little rediscovery, and the beats made my ancient muscle memory want to move!

Work out over but tunes still in my ears I put on my warm fleece and headed home, a glow of sheer joy and deep relaxation over my whole shrinking body. Yoga in the morning- I simply have no excuse...

8 delightful comment/s:

Enz on 12/1/10 5:14 pm said...

I love how positive this post is :)

Amanda on 12/1/10 5:24 pm said...

You are an inspiration :-) And yes, music makes the man. er, woman.

Alexia on 12/1/10 5:52 pm said...

Keep up the fabulous work!

Katie J ♥ on 12/1/10 5:52 pm said...

Hope you are feeling better and I have never heard of Erasure so I will be checking that out. I love me some Bob Marley - Babylon by Bus baby!

WWSuzi on 12/1/10 8:03 pm said...

Good for you :) I have to agree that if it wasn't for my mp3 workouts would be definitely boring!!

Kylie on 12/1/10 10:33 pm said...

Well done - what a fantastic attitude you have.
xox

Jer on 13/1/10 7:26 am said...

Great work on getting to the gym! And who cares what you look like at the gym? I was scared about what people would think of me as well but then I decided that if someone is pathetic enough to laugh at the fat girl trying to lose weight that makes them the idiot, not me.

Traci Michele on 13/1/10 6:11 pm said...

Thanks for following ordinary inspirations! Feel free to follow my health blog:

http://www.choose2livechoosehealth.blogspot.com

YOU ARE DOING FABULOUS! Keep up the good work!

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei