Monday 11 January 2010

Overhaul

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 1:55 pm
I read a book last night which made me really think about my finances. The writer believes it is important to have a savings emergency fund of three times your monthly income, before debts etc are tackled. It woke me up to the fact that i live a hand to mouth existence some days and am extravagent others. I have booked in with a financial adviser at my bank to discuss a very very very very small savings plan. The book also woke me up to the fact that I rely too heavily on my parents dispite my age.  So as well as losing weight I have to add freedom to the pot too. Losing weight is never just about the food!

I was also refused entry to the gym today- they are not extending their open day to Friday afterall. Bugger talk about u-turns. I decided to join up anyway, but it meant missing my yoga class whilst I fetched the financial info needed. But its official-I am a gym bunny for the next six months. The guy asked how my training session when with instructor evil- I told him I couldn't walk for two days and he nodded like that's what is supposed to happen!

I used some of my new financial know how and decided not to go to the beauty salon at the end of my street but managed to knock a third off the price at a piercing studio in town. I am now sporting two very fetching silver studs and I will be able to wear my desired earrings in time for my birthday. Can't swim for two weeks though! Marginally disappointed to find that there is a funky new milkshake bar in town that previously I would have wasted money and gained weight at. It looks fun and hip and all the college kids were crowded in there...

5 delightful comment/s:

Cole Walter Mellon on 11/1/10 3:05 pm said...

Kudos to you for joining the gym and for getting serious about your financial future. Never to early to start fretting about money!

Amy on 11/1/10 3:56 pm said...

Woo hoo!! Great ideas you shared!

Find my way back on 11/1/10 6:44 pm said...

Wow so many things shared on this post...

Woohoo on getting your ears pierced but sad that you cannot go swimming but now you have joined the gym you can do other things I suppose.

Finances OMG you have now made me think of mine sigh.... I never have any savings and live from week to week too.. hmmm might have to do something about that.

Katie J ♥ on 11/1/10 10:00 pm said...

Getting finicially fit is on my list too. I am getting closer...

Kat on 11/1/10 11:48 pm said...

I am working on the financial piece too. It is a slow process, but I think I am making some progress. Good for you for committing to the gym for 6 months. Glad you are feeling better!

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei