Friday 4 December 2009

Simple food.

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 9:42 pm
Porridge with honey and flaked almonds made a warming food this breakfast time. I've had another day revelling in the simple flavours of great food. I have in my hand a pink lady apple, sweeter than a cake and with a more refreshing crunch than crisps. My brain feels clearer somehow today. I haven't had sugar withdrawals or any intense cravings. Meals like egg on toast have satiated me.

Today I started what I thought would be an arduous task- that of editing November's mini novel. So far it is charming as I am re-reading and adding rather than subtracting. At some point I know I will have to be brutal with some scenes and get rid of things that are ok but don't fit with the plot. I guess editing is like weight loss- you add the nutrients and take away the slack.

My parents house has a lovely atmosphere tonight. There are piles of fruit in the fruit bowl and veg in the fridge, the cats are curled up in the warmth and dad has been venturing out for once socially. Mum is pouring over soup recipes to gain new ideas. She has lost 35lbs thus far and has dropped a couple of dress sizes.

I managed to get her a very dramatic jacket, from some where she has never managed to find what she wanted, for Christmas. It's a really lovely experience to have someone close by who has made such positive changes to their health. She has bought only a few new clothes and has bagged up the old ones so i'm hoping the jacket will be a hit.

My weigh in is in two days and I feel like i'm looking forward to it oddly.

3 delightful comment/s:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions on 5/12/09 2:08 am said...

Have I told you how much I love your writing? I want to read your novels. Like really. I also want to learn how to be half as eloquent as you are! Yay for your mom losing weight! Hope your weigh in goes super well!

Violet Cream on 5/12/09 2:41 am said...

Gosh Mack, I'm blushing! My novel writing is just for a spot of fun for now. Such praise. Away with you!

Find my way back on 5/12/09 8:41 am said...

I agree with MackAttack I love the way you write. The description of your food made my mouth water and the way you described it WOW.

Thank you for the comment on my blog.

Dreaming

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei