Tuesday 22 December 2009

Not Fit

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 12:13 pm
I'm reminded of primary school just now . When the field was wet they'd post a sign on the hall saying " Field not fit" and "Field Fit" when it was fine. Today is definately a field not fit day. We don't get all that much snow in England so when it does hurl the white stuff down we don't know how to deal with it. Everything stops. The news reports nothing but snow news. Huddled with my mug of ovaltine light I feel greatful that we headed to the shops yesterday now nothing can send me out for a while.

I've officially given up on the gym pass arriving before Christmas. It was another early rise to be defeated by the post. I've sent the gym head quarters a slightly sarcastic letter and hope that they issue a new pass in the next few days.

Mum is getting goods from the delivery man daily now. They are practically on first name terms. We are stocked up on face creams 'til 2057 at least. I thought i'd get in on the act and ordered some weight loss memoirs online. They have been dispatched today. They should start arriving after the Turkey blitz. I ordered Such a Pretty fat, The Incredible Shrinking Critic, Passing for Thin and Confessions of a Carb Queen. They should set up up for January.   Then I went on to spend imaginary money online by logging onto my favourite shops and pretending I could order what I wanted. I made quite a list although cast iron bookends, buttons, necklaces, embroidered mirrors and picture frame hessian memo boards were tempting. I'm missing buying frivolous things for the home this season.

4 delightful comment/s:

Cole Walter Mellon on 22/12/09 2:50 pm said...

Hope you find your way to that "Fit Field" in 2010!

Kat on 22/12/09 11:39 pm said...

Thank you for your nice comments on my blog. I am looking forward reading your entries too. The books that you bought look like they will be good motivation for 2010.

lyricgirl on 23/12/09 4:22 am said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog "fatgirl vs skinnygirl. Your comment means so much. I would like to encourage you to take on all the things you want to do now. Don't wait until you get to the ideal size. Two years ago when I was 39 my doctor found a cancerous tumor on my kidney-it was an incidental find. After I had surgery to remove the tumor and part of kidney I decided that day I would make a list of things I always wanted to do. It was the best thing that could have happen to me. I live life now instead of waiting on life. As of today I have completed a 17 week Ballet class at my highest weight of 285, went scuba diving, snorkeling, learned to read and write Spanish, learned to the piano and guitar, learn to dive, and that is only a few things. Every month I add to my list. So if that cancer comes I will not have to worry about dying without doing all the things I wanted to do. Sorry for going so deep but I love to encourage people to do all that you want to do now. Thanks again for checking in.

Beth @ Kitchen Minions on 23/12/09 5:09 am said...

hope the membership comes soon! Don't you just love packages in the mail?

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei