Thursday 24 December 2009

Festivities begin in Earnest.

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 7:33 pm
Christmas Eve already? I awoke this morning to the scene of snow clinging to the tree outside my bedroom window.

We played Christmas music all day to keep the sugar and me in the festive mood. Lover boy threw a snowball at me and managed to get my hair sodden on the way to the florists in the search of a bowl of hyacinth bulbs but I got him back pronto. The florists were stuffing themselves with mince pies and were boozed up with wine whilst the newsagent was digging a path so that the elderly wouldn't fall.

Snuggled up on my ever so comfy sofa we watched Miracle on 34th Street and were charmed and sarcastic in equal measures. He ate paprika pringles and I touched not a one. I'm starting to find my resistance a minor miracle in itself. 

Selecting a meal for tonight was a bit of an ordeal as I didn't have a clue about what I wanted. Settled on prawns and noodles from the chinese as it needed to be marginally more feasting fayre than normal. I didn't over eat and the remains went in the bin. I was going to have mulled wine tonight but I have abandonded it due to the calorific nature of my meal. I have to make compromises along the line if I am to get any where on this journey. Plus I have a bumper bag of the ripest, sweetest, freshest citrus fruit available. God it's set to be a reasonable couple of days.


Merry Christmas to you all in blog land, where ever you dwell. x x x

2 delightful comment/s:

Jer on 25/12/09 3:00 am said...

Just saying hi! :) I started following your blog today- I've been on my own weight loss journey. I started at 350 pounds and I'm down to 240 (Well, I'm cycling right now. It's not pretty. Silly holidays.) Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and Merry Christmas :)

Marilee on 25/12/09 5:34 am said...

Merry Christmas from way over here in Washington state, north of Seattle! No white Christmas for us, but at least none of our usual winter rain. You sure are doing great!

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei