Sunday 13 December 2009

Feasting

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 1:34 pm
The annual feast at the local fine dining pub took place last night and it was food heaven. Spicy parsnip soup with toasted almonds, and fresh bread roll opened the event. Traditional fayre was what I wanted so it was turkey that melted in your mouth with all the trimmings. I was going to not eat the dessert but it was creme brulee with a fine crust of burnt sugar and a shortbread biscuit and cream on the side. I didn't eat the mince pie served with the coffee so I was congratulating myself all evening. I even remembered to remove my makeup later on that night.

Two heavy meals in two days. I worried they might play havoc with the scales but this morning it was registering a 2.8 lb weight loss. I am a loser- it's official!

I feel satiated after all that heavy food and best of all I have no desire to set in motion a chain of binges. Now I can eat simply until Christmas day, which is comforting. It's St. Lucia's day today. In Sweden they celebrate by drinking mulled wine with raisin and toasted almonds floating in it and eating gingerbread. Its a fine tradition but I've eaten the supplies of gingerbread already and a bottle of mulled wine with fruit and nuts is not going to help me lose weight. Instead I will celebrate by making my flat scrupulously clean, so the saint of light wouldn't trip over anything in her blindness. Though I may light a candle or two....

3 delightful comment/s:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions on 13/12/09 6:25 pm said...

Great job being a loser! I totally agree that celebrations at homes are better being non-food related. No matter what the tradition says...

Chubby Chick on 14/12/09 4:23 am said...

Congrats on the loss! You are doing GREAT! :)

GallusBesom on 14/12/09 10:47 pm said...

Keep it going! I've found new inspiration this week too- am only having soup for lunch.

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei