Sunday 6 December 2009

Beside myself

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 3:53 pm
I'm beside my self with mirth at the weigh in total as I'm nearly at December's goal in a week! Going to have to redesign that gingerbread baby too. At the new beginning weight loss is easy, its the future weeks you need to watch. A curse on those weight loss demons!

Mum's butternuts glowed in the oven as she baked them. With their two scooped out holes in the plump flesh they caramelised in the heat. They were left to cool. All seemed promising. Some magictry later the soup was ready; the orange gloop ready for tasting. The initial taste was disappointing there was too much water in the mix but underneath it was a subtle flavour which when you held onto it was slightly sweet and rooty. This is not one i'd serve you all readily but it was, shall we say, interesting.

Last night I went to bed hungry. Then I got up again and rooted for a wholesome supper in the cupboard. I came across some low fat rye crackers infused with cranberries.Delicious but oddly sweet. Reading the ingredients in the dim light I discovered my enemy- brown sugar-in crackers! Has the world gone mad? 






 

2 delightful comment/s:

Tricia on 7/12/09 4:20 pm said...

Congrats on being ahead of goal!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions on 8/12/09 5:08 am said...

haha, sugar is in EVERYTHING. yes, the world HAS gone mad!

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei