Saturday 28 November 2009

Softening blows

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 10:38 pm

I have spent the day swearing over soft furnishings as I learnt the art of adding a zip. How the hell did mankind get zips into clothes in the first place! I cursed over my small sewing machine and eyelet/grimlet machine thwacker; the final result was my retro cushion, slightly mawkish and twee, but it somehow works.
Being totally engrossed in a complex task is the only time when I don't think about food. I made it until 10pm this evening before considering food that wasn't intended for the day. I pondered denying all cravings but decided a small and I mean small portion of chocolate would surfice, so I headed to the garage shop and bought some along with milk and garlic.
Now I have started reading Julia Childs " My Life in France", which I will follow up with Julie Powell's "Julie and Julia" so I shall be temptingly steeped in French life and cuisine for the next few days or so. I am finding the words a joy. Reading hasn't been so heavily part of my life for such a long time that I make a welcome return to it. It's like a bowl of warm stewed plums- thick and velvety with a hint of sweetness.

3 delightful comment/s:

266 on 29/11/09 2:34 am said...

Thanks for coming by my blog! I am always happy when someone new takes an interest in my weight loss journey. I don't know if you have seen it yet, but the movie Julie and Julia was excellent - lots of good laughs!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions on 29/11/09 3:06 am said...

I want to read that book so badly! Please give a review when you're done!

Tricia on 29/11/09 10:32 pm said...

I've been wanting to read Julie and Julia (before I see the movie)

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei