Sunday 2 August 2009

Cake

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 3:19 pm
"If you want to feel rich, count the things you have money can't buy"


Stayed over at the lad's last night. Today he taunted me with his carrot cake to have with tea. Of course I declined, I just don't eat it in the same way I don't eat locusts.

Yesterday in the supermarket I killed time looking at the cakes on the shelves; it was like looking at museum exhibits. I was only sad I couldn't try new things rather than eat those I knew the taste for. Watched the film The Bothersome Man last night. There's a scene where the lead male eats cake and it's the tastiest thing in his life, He stuffs it down his face. Yet I feel there are other things much more valuable than craving stuff.

However, I did eat cinnamon bread rolls this morning for breakfast. Then I discovered they contained hydrogenated vegetable fat. One of the nasties in the food industry according to my fella. It's easy to get complacent about what you are eating when you don't read the label.

2 delightful comment/s:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions on 2/8/09 7:21 pm said...

Labels are truly eye opening aren't they? I must say, that I love cake so much. Just have to look at it like art in a museum just like you :)

Violet Cream on 3/8/09 12:14 pm said...

I thought I was the only one who cruised past it in the supermarket!

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei