Tuesday 14 July 2009

Two heads in a bowl.

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 6:22 pm

Two heads in a bowl this morning, neither of them mine. The fiendish kits were forgetting social space in order to guzzle down food. It was reminiscent of the way I used to eat.

I have a celebration today. It has been one whole month since I've stuck to my new food plan. Thirty days of eating to plan and not one day of starvation or scarfing everything in site. To celebrate I bought a small ceramic pendant with a small bird on the front, whilst I walked round Manchester hoisting my jeans up. Change takes 21 days to acclimatise so they say but I still found myself surprised with myself as I ate an advocado pear as an entree to tonight's fish finger creation! Small joys are what count.

I gave in to my desires not to buy a magazine this month and bought a yoga magazine; then tried out all the suggested moves with some success. I did not give in to the appropriately lilac coloured whipped buttercream topping of a cupcake seen in a food hall. I didn't want to eat it as I wasn't hungry. I admired its glorious beauty and moved on. Another victory to me...

3 delightful comment/s:

Danielle on 14/7/09 9:32 pm said...

Seeing the beauty in a cake with buttercream icing... I have never looked at a cake in such a calm, and detached way... SO HATS OFF TO YOU! Next time a cake is in my feeding range I am going to think "cakes can be pretty, not just tasty"- we will see...

Cole Walter Mellon on 14/7/09 10:57 pm said...

Unfortunately, I only admire the beauty of the empty cupcake wrapper, the few tiny crumbs still clinging to the wrinkled sides.

Violet Cream on 15/7/09 11:36 am said...

I hope it works Losing Waist! I've eaten cakes that look far prettier than they taste.

LOL@Jack. Oh dear. Cake art is so temptingly interactive!

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei