Wednesday 1 July 2009

In for a dip

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 8:01 am

The weather yesterday was muggy, it rained once or twice too. I decided that it had been a while since I had worked my full body so took myself off for a dip in the pool.

I don't understand other women's reticence to go swimming because once you are in the water no one actually looks at you unless you splash rather too much. I think it's easier for me because I don't have my glasses on and can't even imagine people looking at me. After all I can't control other people's thoughts. What's the worst they can do, think "my God that lady is fat, what is she doing in a bathing suit?". Anyone hestitant to swim because of imagined reactions of others get out there- swim!

I managed 25 lengths before I got bored, despite actually overtaking a few folks.

Today i'm going to do some more art. I have a delicious looking pasta salad with me for lunch and the ripest juiciest peach on the planet. I will look a sight with caper and peach juice dribbled down my chin but I dont care frankly. Tonight I will drink rum, moderately, with my fella and listen to music til dawn. Bliss!

2 delightful comment/s:

Scrappy Girl on 1/7/09 2:47 pm said...

I love swimming! I also love your attitude!

Violet Cream on 3/7/09 1:25 pm said...

Hey scrappy girl! I have days where i'm all attitude!

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei