Saturday 25 July 2009

Cupcake Heaven

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 6:08 pm


"Put off for one day and ten days will pass by"
- Korean

The last Hershey bar is sitting in my fridge. I had a battle with it this evening. I pulled it out of the refrigerator thinking I'd eat it after my filling main meal and we tussled for a few moments. After repeating the mantra " I will not be controlled by a chocolate bar" I shoved it in the compartment and shut the door and then left the flat for a few hours. Now I don't crave it at all.

I haven't succumbed to cupcakes in their 3d form, but I thought I'd have my cake and wear it. More cupcake socks. There's something charming about the shape that makes me melt at their cuteness. I need help clearly! I have only the photograph of the socks and me piddling about with my camera in the bathroom, showing off my new moose pyjamas as the chap has yet to send me the photo of Thursday's event. (As a surprise he took me to the centre of Manchester for a trip round a discount music shop(Fopp) and topped it off with a visit to a fab noodle bar, where I was in noodle heaven for about an hour. Photo to follow in due course.

The weather was actually summery today so I thought to explore the footpaths of the neighbouring village. Found a path that took me to another village over the river. I was charmed. Not so charmed on the way home as my blister developed. Anyone know how to avoid blisters in well worn walking boots?

3 delightful comment/s:

Cole Walter Mellon on 25/7/09 7:55 pm said...

Cupcake socks rock. At least your feet will be happy!

GallusBesom on 26/7/09 5:42 pm said...

I have a cupcake cutting board, cupcake apron and cupcake tin. I bake cupcakes and bring them into work, but I never eat them. Weird huh?!

Keep up the good work! You can do it!

Violet Cream on 26/7/09 10:22 pm said...

Jack, my feet are still blistered but they do appreciate new foot gear.

Gallus you are a person after my own heart. Maybe i should start an online non-cake cake shop, selling only cupcake related products?

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei