Saturday 30 August 2008

Some Reflections on Past Rejections

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 11:10 am
I don't know why it should be this week but i'm thinking back to all the people who have rejected me because of my weight. It's quite sad to think that in the past at least two strong friendships, with men, have ended because of my weight.

Both of those guys were very firmly in my confidence. Yet as soon as they saw my full length picture they both vanished; fat scares some people. People are treated differently because of their weight and this bothers me no end. I have seen people use weight as a tool to try and hurt people on the net. What they are scared of eludes me, as if weight is a contagious desease. Their self esteem must be intensely low.

This makes it more important to be surrounded by people who care about me for myself. And I think I have that. I know a group of people who see past the fat, and I'm greatful for that.

Not much else to report just yet. Still loving the new place and thus in a state of exploration as well as reflection. Weather too horrid to send even the cats out into. I will walk tomorrow in the rain if I must....

0 delightful comment/s:

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei