Thursday 21 February 2008

Wherein I venture to a new place

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 3:01 pm
Today's walk had a treat sandwiched in the middle. The treat- a drink at the new cafe which has opened a 25 minute walk up the road!

Dad had warned me to wrap up warm. So i was in 3 major layers comprising of top, hoody and cardigan. The elegant ensemble was topped off with a black woolly hat. I was overly warm. Arriving at the elegant monochromatic cafe. I stood in the enterance looking at the ladies who lunch and smiles wryly. I was the only one without makeup. Some were done up like dog's dinners in amazing outfits. But all expensive and coordinated.

I sat down in a deep leather chair and waited an eternity for the woman to take my drink order. Three cups of peppermint tea later I was people watched out and ready to pay. They had a glorious selection of cakes -tall sophisticated peaks of whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Thankfully my pecuniary shortfall and my waistline (ha ha like you can see my waist!) said no.


The walk back was mostly uneventful apart from the fact that I was overtaken by a pensioner who definately outwalked me. My glow of achievement was lost for a short while.

1 delightful comment/s:

Michael Donovan on 21/2/08 7:10 pm said...

You rock and I love you.

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei