Sunday 23 January 2011

Abuse

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 4:18 pm
Struggling this week. Food is difficult, especially avoiding snacks.

Went into the city today for a regular activity, on the way home one of three boys around 17, shouted out "cream cakes" at me. I am fed up of people thinking they can abuse me in the street. So I gave them back as good as i got.
"Please come over here and say that to my face."
"Cream Cakes," screamed the lad again. I gave chase, and crossed the road.
"Watch out she's going to eat you," said one lad. "Sausage rolls."
"Why do you think its okay to abuse people in the street" I screamed.
They went into a shop, I followed them and bellowed after them, "abusing people is not right." I could see people looking at me. I didn't care. For once I had my say.



#

11 delightful comment/s:

The Shrinking Vegetarian on 24/1/11 2:34 am said...

YAY YOU!!!!!
Well done.
You are right - it is NOT okay! Good on you for taking it back to them. YOU ROCK!!!!

Lou on 24/1/11 3:57 am said...

Far out - good for you. You go girl! I hate confrontation but will think of you next time someone says something horrid and STAND UP!

Marilee on 24/1/11 8:16 am said...

Good for you! I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself like that. Awesome!

Weighing Well on 31/1/11 5:13 am said...

Just found your blog. I too am working at weight loss. I will be adding you to my sites I follow if you don't mind, i need all the inspiration I can find.

Good luck!

Press on!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for standing up for yourself! Man, you really do have some bad luck with running into complete asshats! Your last two posts have been about rude people, you deserve a freaking break already!

Colette on 13/3/11 1:57 am said...

I am new to your blog...but you go girl! i am going to follow your blog...you have given me my inspiration back to lose weight! Yeah for you!!! Kick their butt!

you can see my blog at www.wearenow3.blogspot.com

Colette

Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing well. Would love to see a post!

Anonymous said...

Hi, have you tried raw vegan diet below? I went on a raw vegan diet & lost 15kg... Yes it's possible... And the food is amazing, try google raw vegan diet... Good luck!

~shoeless hermit on 31/3/11 6:26 am said...

Was wondering about you the other day as I've set myself a writing goal this year, and I wondered: does violet still do the NANOMAMO (I know that isn't correct, but it's always what I want to say when I think of the novel writing month). My goal is much less ambition, though. I'm giving myself a year to put out a draft. What are you up to these days?

Orla Harrington on 17/2/12 9:14 pm said...

You are SO right! I'm so glad there are people like you who are brave enough to talk back to them. You didn't just stand up for yourself- you did it for all people who are body-conscious. Well done. :) x

Unknown on 19/8/13 11:11 pm said...

Love your blog. Take a look at my blog.

http://studentob.blogspot.co.uk/

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei