Monday 14 September 2009

Redemption

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 10:07 am
I haven't blogged for a while and everyone knows this isn't good news for a diet blogger. I have been slipping into old habits so easily.

Today things came to a head for me. I saw Julie and Julia during the day and had real doubts about continuing this blog. I mean what benefit was it serving? I carried on home im my car, strewn with food detritus from hastily grabbed takeouts, hidden in part by plastic bags.

The truth is i have been subsisting on Macdonalds, boxes of Swiss and Belgian chocolates and threesomes with Ben and Jerry for the last couple of weeks or so. I had failed to loose more weight. I feel dreadful.

I went home to my flat, and there were cupcake wrappers scattered over countertops and pink smatterings of icing where I'd been in too much of a hurry to stuff my face than keep clean. Then it hit me. Where else could I get understanding about these issues than from fellow bloggers and readers? Blogging offers me a sense of community. I don't have to celebrate success all the time. So i'm here saying I screwed up.

But I have a plan, and its back to the plan- no skiving. I waved goodbye to the Swiss chocolates yesterday and celebrated simple food by a small piece of brie on good french style baguette- it was like a sacrement for the body. Although I will confess that I had a last supper of sticky toffee pudding, butter ladened and should set me up on stores for the winter.

2 delightful comment/s:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions on 16/9/09 2:04 am said...

Glad you returned! What is sticky toffee pudding? I know how those times happen...glad you are back on track!

Violet Cream on 16/9/09 11:19 am said...

Sticky toffee pudding is a sponge pudding , dark thick uncyuous made from dates etc. It has a toffee sauce/caramel which is ladened with butter. Not for the faint hearted.

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei