Tuesday 25 November 2008

Swim, babe, swim.

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 5:30 pm
Some conversations make you realise what you are doing wrong. I had one such conversation last night.

It did start with the you have a pretty face but routine, but rather than being patronising the voice was honest and served as that time honoured wake up call. Time to get real.

Although walking is good for my health I think it is time to crank up the pace and variety of activity and not wait until I join the gym. So today I went to my local pool and had a wonderful workout for an hour. I know it was good because my legs felt wobblier and heavier on my way to the changing rooms. I felt marvellous afterwards, I still do three hours later.

The conversation last night wasn't just about exercise but diet too. I was advised to have a salad for dinner and eat nothing after 6pm. Whilst this seems really harsh there is some sense in it. So here is my new agreement. I will eat my evening meal at the usual time, will skip dessert and nothing will touch my lips until breakfast the next day. How does that sound? There I said it! Now I have to do it no excuses, no procrastination.

The only other sage advice from my "get with it guru" was to buy some trainers and tracksuit bottoms and to keep moving(i'll ignore the "stop writing the blog" bit.)

0 delightful comment/s:

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei