Tuesday 4 March 2008

Weigh in 3

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 12:39 pm

Finally i have lost weight- 4.6lbs to be precise.The daily fluctuations are interesting but I was reading literature the other day, which actually recommended 3 month weigh ins, so the weight loss can be seen without daily fluctuations. I will continue daily weigh ins, with weekly reports for the time being.

I feel happy to be loosing the weight, but it seems such a small step along my life long journey. I'm worried about the journey ahead.

Long walk today, to make up for my day of rest yesterday. Exercise is definately the way forward for me.

2 delightful comment/s:

Jane on 4/3/08 2:43 pm said...

Hi Stella

I'm really chuffed that you have lost some weight, truely I am. Well done!

Are you going to carry on with the swimming? I know you try to walk daily but swimming is tremendous exercise because, as far as I'm aware, swimming uses every muscle in the body without too much effort. Definitely the way to go. Good luck with it.

David Tinney on 10/3/08 12:37 am said...

Hi Stella,

After 12 years of a "sitting-behind-behind-a-desk-job" I decided it was time to make a change. My health was beginning to deteriorate, my blood pressure, cholestrol and weight was on the rise. I changed occupations, working outside rather than inside, I started consuming much more water rather than soft drinks and began eating a healthful diet. I'm sure all the changes has made their own contribution, however I believe the breakfast has had the most impact. Here it is:

1/2 cup of Old Fashion Quaker Oats boiled in 1 cup of water for a few minutes. Add 1 tablespoon each of ground flaxseed meal and raw wheat germ. Both of those ingredients are found at just about any health food store. I then sweeten with 1 tablespoon of natural honey. Mmmmm, good.

I have much more energy than before and I feel better. My niece turned me on to the flaxseed meal. It is very healthful.

Here's a link for a google search for google search health benefits of flaxseed meal.

Besy of luck to you!
David
David Tinney's blog.

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei