Wednesday 6 February 2008

Hunger

Posted by Violet Cream at precisely 8:49 am
Some days I don't know when i'm hungry. I just don't. I know when i get overly hungry- I get a painful growl and a stinking headache. This is the signal that tells me i've waited too long. It's a feeling I hate it makes me panic or makes me cross and like i want to shout at the world.

My fair diet books say "eat when you feel hunger". But some days I don't feel anything at all. Some times theres a rumble in my belly others like a tickling sensation but it's the same feeling as when i'm full. I wish I trusted my body more. I wish the signals were strong and more pleasant feeling. It's understandable that i've over ridden them so long.

As a young child I didn't eat much- mum used to get cross when i didnt eat. I guess this was the start of ignoring those signals. 25 years of neglect- poor stomach. I ate when i felt nothing. Ate and ate. Why i'm not sure. I'm hoping that this blog will uncover some of the reasons why and I hope some of you will be able to identify for yourself. The signal to stop eating was being bloated. It makes me mad that I've put up with it for so long.


I think im feeling hunger in the morning. At 9 am im eating tofu burgers- move over burger king you have competition.

1 delightful comment/s:

Anonymous said...

This's the first time I'm reading someone's blog and well I guess it's not so bad, dunno if it's the "Violet Effect" haha! Well going by what I've read so far I guess "Stella" likes a calm and secluded life, probably by the country, well I'm sure she'd like to live in India.

 

The Shrinking Violet Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei